- The Competiton is divided into Male and Female.
- A contester sings a solo to the accompaniment of piano in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
- A contester sings a solo to the accompaniment of orchestra in the 3rd round.
- The winners are invited to sing in the closing ceremony.
- In each round, female singers compete first to be followed by male singers.
- In the opening ceremony, male and female singers respectively determine the order of appearance on the stage by drawing of lots.
- Singers appear on the stage in the order pre-determined in the opening ceremony. The contesters who lost in each round are dropped out and the rest appear on the stage in the continuous order.
- In the opening ceremony, the actors and actresses of DPR Korea show a performance.
- In each round, a contester sings the designated songs and the other chosen freely by himself/herself which are submitted to the Organizing Committee in advance.
- Where a contester sings a song other than the one which is submitted in advance, he or she is dismissed.
- At the end of the morning and afternoon of the 1st round and 2nd round days, the evaluation result of the jury is posted on the board.
- At the end of the 3rd round day, the president of the jury makes public the final evaluation result, according to which the final winners are awarded the prize in the closing ceremony.
- After the awarding of prize, the final winners are invited to sing in the closing ceremony.
- No time for preparation is given for the 1st round. One day and two days for preparation are given respectively for the 2nd and the 3rd rounds.
※ The singers who have been selected for the 3rd round make rehearsal to the accompaniment of orchestra for 2 days.