ASFAF is aimed at promoting friendship and solidarity, exchange and cooperation among cultural workers and artistes all over the world under the ideals of independence, peace and friendship.
ASFAF is organized every two years in principle.
※ April 15, the Day of the Sun, began from 1912 as the base year.
1) Date and Place
Date: April 11 ~ 17, Juche 107(2018)
Place: Pyongyang, capital of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
ASFAF is open to all individual or groups of musicians (vocalists, instrumentalists, and conductors), dancers, acrobats, as well as prominent figures of culture and art who have the desire to participate in it.
- The participants in ASFAF may present vocal or instrumental items of folk or classic music well-known to their respective countries or to the whole world in the form of solo or ensemble.
o They are welcomed to present musical pieces of DPR Korea.
o ASFAF Organizing Committee shall provide in advance the necessary material (musical notes, CD, DVD) to those who are willing to present the musical pieces of DPR Korea.
They may sing Korean songs in their respective languages or in Korean.
- The participants in ASFAF may present different forms of solo or group choreographic pieces, including folk dance, modern dance, ballet, etc.
- The participants in ASFAF may present ground, aerial and other forms of acrobatics, as well as magic pieces.
4) Performance Arrangement
ASFAF performance is divided into Music & Dance and Acrobatics.
- Music & Dance
Music & Dance takes the form of Group Performance, Exclusive Performance and Selected Performance.
o Group Performance is presented by groups of art troupes and individual artistes, each representing 3 ~ 5 countries.
o Exclusive Performance is a form of presentation by an individual art troupe which has prepared a full repertoire for separate performance.
o Selected Performance is for the outstanding solo and ensemble pieces which have been highly recognized through Group Performance and Exclusive Performance.
* If requested, the ASFAF shall provide piano accompaniment.
All individual and troupes of acrobats and magicians shall make up one group for performance.
Big acrobatic troupes may stage their own exclusive performance.
5) Festival Prizes
- The ASFAF Organizing Committee shall award festival prizes (diplomas and cups) to the art troupes, individual artistes and figures of culture and art who have distinguished themselves in the festival performance or made a considerable contribution to the festival development.
6) Festival Ceremonies and Visits
- ASFAF participants shall be invited to grand colorful ceremonies, including opening and closing of the festival, banquets, friendship gathering, etc.
- The ASFAF Organizing Committee shall cover the expenses for lodging and boarding, local transportation, medical care and pocket money for all festival participants during their stay in Pyongyang.
8) Application for Festival Participation
- Application shall be accepted by the end of January of the year when the ASFAF is to be organized.
- The application shall be submitted to the ASFAF Organizing Committee either directly, or through the DPRK diplomatic mission in the countries concerned, or through the foreign diplomatic missions of the countries concern in Pyongyang.
- The ASFAF shall register the applications according to the order of receipt, screen their acceptability, and then inform the applicants of acceptance.
- The applicants are kindly requested to submit to the ASFAF Organizing Committee the following materials along with the application:
o English list of participants, their c/v and information necessary for visa application
o Repertoire (video file), request for the provision of performance conditions (accompaniment, lighting, sound, etc)
o Photos (individual or group) and stills for festival publicity (2 or 3 pieces)
9) Address of ASFAF Organizing Committee
Organizing Committee of the April Spring Friendship Art Festival, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Pyongyang International House of Culture, Ryonhwa-dong No.2, Yonggwang Street, Central District, Pyongyang, DPR Korea
PO Box: 30